Maybe I'm missing something here... z-wave
I have a Vera that controls the house and an out building that the signal does not reach to. I purchased another Vera Lite as well as an Airport Express and have them configured as follows:
- Shed Airport extends house Wi-Fi and vera plugged into its ethernet port (pretty basic and everything connects as expected).
- In the house vera I enabled “enable UPnP devices, waited a few minutes and the Shed vera appeared in the list.
At this point, I have no devices in the Shed vera.
I then added two switches in the shed vera.
These appeared in the main vera and hence into Xtension (as expected). I went into Xtension and named the devices accordingly and the names reflected into the MAIN vera (again, as expected).
Problems are as follows:
- The names do not propagate all the way back to the Shed vera so they are still in the format of Appliance Module (8383).
- The 2 appliance modules (that are unnamed in the shed vera), keep showing up in the main vera (but they are unable to communicate to). I delete them from the main vera and Xtension (about 4 times now), and they keep appearing. Mind you they don’t work (these are Linear Toggle switches), but the original (unnamed on the shed vera, named correctly in the main vera and Xtension), work the switches fine.
Hope that wasn’t too confusing, and I hope someone has experienced this already and has a solution, perhaps, maybe, i hope!!!